Why ARE You A Slave To Your Anger?
There could be any number of reasons why you might start to develop an anger problem. Life can be stressful and you may have learnt unskilful ways of coping with this stress. You’re likely to be prone to irritation or impatience if:
- You’re a highly anxious person who gets upset when you aren’t able to control life situations;
- You have unresolved conflicts in your life but avoid confrontation at all costs;
- You were never allowed express your negative emotions when you were growing up
Anger Turned Inwards
Being annoyed or upset doesn’t necessarily equate to aggression. You can express your anger in equally damaging passive-aggressive ways as well. Many of my clients have struggled with this kind if problem.
- Stony silence or the ‘cold shoulder’;
- Withholding affection, sex or love from your partner