Medical Hypnotherapy can be a powerful method to treat various mental health conditions. By creating a calm and controlled environment, it allows patients to focus on their deepest disruptors.
What is Hypnosis Treatment?
Medical hypnotherapy works through its ability to remove all distraction from the mind of the patient, and speak clearly and directly about personal habits that need their attention. It is often used to help change the behaviors of the patient, but does not rely on manipulation, coercion or compulsion to achieve a positive outcome.
How Does Medical Hypnotherapy Work?
Medical hypnotherapy allows the patient to imagine in detail a source of anxiety while in a controlled setting. The patient is then encouraged to enter a state of deep relaxation, rather than allowing the anxiety to grow. This paired activity helps the brain to associate the potential anxiety trigger together with a calmer state of mind, allowing the brain to begin building new and healthier pathways of behavior and emotional response.
Key Benefits of Hypnosis for Anxiety and Depression
Hypnosis has a broad range of applications, due to its general ability to improve the power of concentration and suggestion. Common benefits of medical hypnotherapy include:
- Increased ability to focus on stressful objects and ideas while remaining emotionally balanced
- Increased ability to detach from obsessive behaviors and habits, including smoking
- Increased tolerance for pain under certain conditions
- A more positively oriented worldview
- Renewed feelings of self-control
- Reduced feelings of depression or anxiety, and recovery from burnout
By creating new conditions for personal empowerment, hypnosis gives patients the internal tools needed to overcome the unhelpful group of emotions and behaviors that caused them to seek treatment.